Sunday, April 22, 2007

We went on a very nice walk...

If you have already read Erik's blog then you know that he and I just finished a seven day backpacking trip in some of New Zealand's most rugged country. If you haven't read his blog it can be found here. More roots than I could have ever imagined, hip deep mud, and thousands of vertical meters covered have made my knees and ankles sore. I think the boys are going to go and do another trip tomorrow, but I think I am going to go on a solo trip somewhere else.

I have never been alone in the back country, and one of my goals coming here was to do a solo trip. It is strange how contemplation and reflection don't always occur when they are most convenient. I have grown and learned so much from relationships, community and conversation, but the bible says that God also speaks to us in silence. I hope that I can find a place that is vast, beautiful, and silent.

With that said I won't have another blog for a couple of days. We are entering the last week of our three week long Easter break, and when it is over there will be many pictures, stories and ideas to follow. I miss you all very badly, and I can't wait to hear about your many adventures and experiences.

No comments: