Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fish, Fish and More Fish

I am currently in Bristol Bay, Alaska right now sitting in a random library that has incredibly slow internet. I think I am about to get kicked off so I will make this short. It has been an incredible experience being a commericial fisherman, it is an entirely different world up here. One that relies on tides rather than days, poundage rather than dollars, and four hours of broken sleep rather than eight. Our boat did very well this year, thanks to a great crew and an incredibly meticulous camp manager who happens to be Krystal's brother. I am bringing home more sockeye salmon that I could ever eat, and I hope to cook up some great family dinners. Right now, I am going to go to Fishtival, which marks the end of the commercial fishing season here in Naknek, Alaska. Maybe I will find myself at an incredibly salty local bar this evening, and if things get real crazy I may sing some kareoke at the local fishermans club... I will post more once I return to the lower forty-eight. I look forward to seeing everyone soon! Peace and love.

1 comment:

Jarrod Renaud said...

i can't believe this. me and my brother have been wanting to do this. im going with you next year. i hope youre down. tess already gave me the okay...just a month though. DANG!