Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Firelit Climbing Session...


This past weekend my eccentric friend Frank and I went to Dunedin and did some climbing, at Long Beach. I knew Frank through another one of my friends from Linfield, prior to coming here. Before I ever communicated with him I knew quite a lot about his character, passions, and overall personality, but until this weekend I just knew about him, rather than actually knowing him. Over the course of the weekend we had some incredible conversations about life, goals, and relationships. One of the most incredible things about Frank is how much he loves people. He values random encounters, deep long lasting friendships, and romantic relationships more than anything else in this world. Every adventure he ever goes on involves meeting people, getting to know them, and ultimately forming some sort of relationship with them. Frank never passes up a hitchhiker, and upon entry he always offers food, water, and great conversation. After being with Frank for four days I realized how much I could learn from him. I realized that every single person can drastically influence my life, no matter how long they are in it. I suppose this blog is a "thank you" of sorts. I am not sure if he will read it, but Thanks anyway. You are truly unique, and I am excited to see the way our experience together this past weekend changes the person you are today and into the future.

Here is a sweet picture he took from the first day we were there.



As soon as I get more pictures I will be posting them on here.