Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I

I am sitting here listening to Tristan Prettyman's newest album titled Twentythree. It is very good, but it is making me miss home quite a lot.

I found a pretty gross picture of me from the Dusky track trip. I currently have a smile on my face after seeing it, so I am going to put it on here so maybe you will have a smile on your face as well.

I was sick all last weekend with an awful 102 degree fever. It made my entire body hurt all over, to the point where I couldn't get out of bed. I would get so cold I had to put on long underwear, down jacket, wool socks and a beanie so that I could climb into my down sleeping bag underneath my heavy comforter, only to have to take everything off and lay down on the floor in my boxers cause I was sweating profusely.

I just finished Leif Enger's Peace Like a River last night at three in the morning. I had tears persistently rolling down my cheeks for at least twenty pages of the book. If you have read it then you know the power that "I've been there and am going back. Make of it what you will." can have.

I am currently working on an academic paper about social perception. Essentially the paper is analyzing why one individual who is mocked his entire life turns that social experience into motivation for greatness, whereas another uses the same social stimuli to fuel a brutal killing spree.

I am eagerly anticipating Brianne's arrival. It will be absolutely wonderful to have her here. I have realized that I know a lot about Brianne, but I don't know Brianne as well as I would like to. I hope that her time here is a relaxing break, and that her and Erik's relationship grows because of their time spent together in another country.

I am blogging about whatever is coming to mind. Mainly to serve as a mental break/cool down from writing my paper, but also to feed my blogging desire. Make of it what you will.

3 comments:

Rachel L. said...

First of all, that picture DID in face bring a smile to my face! Secondly, hope you are feeling better. Thirdly, Peace Like a River is my all time FAVORITE book, love it, glad you liked it! And I hope that your time with Brianne is great! Miss you bro.

Bryce Perica said...

Yes, dude. I am glad you enjoyed the book.

Unknown said...

I'm glad to be the second Brice (let's put petty spelling options aside) to comment on this blog. Man, Chris, whatever happened to reading? This has been my first semester in a long time without an english lit course to keep me busy with books. Poetry just isn't the same. I need a good book. I read Velvet Elvis during Spring Break. You may have heard of it. I liked it. It gave me a cool perspective on the Christian faith, as well as some interesting background. Take 'er easy, Chris.