Sunday, December 2, 2007

I just dropped my laptop

So, I have been working pretty hard on a number of school assignments, which will contribute to my graduating on time. They were coming along very nicely, especially the 12 page paper on selective serotonin re uptake inhibitor use and akathasia, and the semester long statistical analysis project on the demand for renewable energy as a proportion of total energy expenditures by state. As most of you know the two weeks before finals are often times much worse than actual finals week. Most in part, because the type of projects I previously described are due, but also because you are ready to stop talking about the same stuff in the same classes and go home and have fun. That is where my head is at, and will probably be at for the next two weeks.

Especially now that I dropped my laptop.

It was pretty fast. Similar to a car accident, or getting shot in the arm. You know how it is, one second your having a conversation about camping and hot springs, and the next you are standing on the side of thee highway because you got rear ended. Similarly, one moment your holding your backpack with your laptop safe and secure, and the next it falls to ground.

Now it won't turn on. I can't get the twelve page paper on SSRIs and suicidality, or the Renewable energy research project. I feel like Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller in Zoolander. You mean the files are in the computer?

I have been frantically e-mailing my professors trying to buy myself time, but it is Sunday and apparently they aren't on campus seven days a week beckoning to every student's call. Bummer.

I did buy a road bike though, so that is cool. To bad there is a hurricane hitting Oregon right now.

1 comment:

Erik Haagenson said...

If your laptop is unrepairable I've always fantasized about breaking a laptop by hyper extending the joint over my leg and would be willing to pay you for said opportunity.