Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Mission:

To get home for Christmas with car, road bike and gear.

I just drove 17 hours from Bend, Oregon to Longmont, Colorado. I didn't stop for food. I stopped for gas three times, and I stopped to pee two times. I didn't get pulled over until I was in Fort Collins, and it was because my left tire crossed into the other lane, and the CSU policeman thought I was drunk. I wasn't, I was just weary. Along the way I listened to Paolo Nutini quite a bit, he is a new favorite. During the four hundred mile drive across Wyoming, I listened to the Colbie Caillet album three times, and yes, I was singing very loudly to every song. Another favorite was the New Zealand Mix, featuring great artists as: Fat Freddies Drop, Katchafire, Mason Jennings, Marc Brusard, David Crowder and Matt Kearney. In total it took 17 hours. I got home at 3 in the morning and now it is 11, and I want to play.

I had a significant amount of time to think about life, my purpose, plans and direction. I am not going to write them on here yet, part because I don't want to spend to much time on the computer right now, but also because I want to digest them a little bit. Also, I would rather have a face to face conversation with people about my recent musings. It was a good journey, one that I will have to make in a month again in a month and a half.

I am home. Give me a call.

2 comments:

CES said...

Can we at least settle for a phone conversation? Face to face may be a little difficult for a while... Glad you made it home safe, and I'm excited to swap Hawaii vs. Colorado Christmas stories via cellular devices.

Annika said...

Chris- wow, life has been crazy...hope your finals finished up well and that you have had a fabulous holiday thus far. Excited for you next big adventure down south? Mexico will never be the same... I have been running around, mind all over the place, glad you have had a chance to take the bike out and hope it was worth the freezing cold camp-out and three hour drive north. P.S. i have a headache from squinting all day at this bright ball in the sky, my eyes had forgotten what there are places where winter and sunshine can co-exist, snow and sun...I think i'm in love... Colorado is fabulous. I am skiing tomorrow at Breck (i think...) and hopefully enjoying some fresh snow... i think you leave tomorrow for mexico? I dropped my phone and have no numbers except those memorized, meaning I have my junior high friends home-line numbers memorized, very useful information. anyways, Merry late Christmas and Happy New Year!