Thursday, December 6, 2007

To my brothers,




I know this is way after the fact, but I wanted to tell Erik and Kyle thank you for driving all the way to Oregon to spend thanksgiving week with me. I had an amazing time with both of you guys. It means a lot that you would sacrifice your time off of school, drive all the way here (Kyle 17 hours and Erik 14 hours), and give up being with your families to come and step into my life here in Oregon.

Kyle, you have and continue to be one of the most faithful people I know. You told me you were going to visit everyone while they are at school, I was one of the last that you hadn't seen yet, and you made it happen. I am glad that you didn't go insane during the 1200 mile trek alone. All of my friends here in Oregon have officially fallen in love with you, and they don't stop talking about your Mexican lasagna. It was great to have you around for a random week in November, when I otherwise wouldn't be able to have my cup-o-Kyle until Christmas time. Thank you my friend.

Erik, it always amazes me how much you love and care about this community of people that we are a part of. Your willingness to come out here to Oregon to be with your brothers continues to echo in my heart. When you are around I realize how much you have become a part of my identity, it may sound strange but it is true. It was really great to spend Thanksgiving with family this year. Over the past eight years you have become more and more like a brother to me, and eating Turkey, playing football, and hanging out over Thanksgiving break makes us one step closer. Thanks.

I look forward to seeing both of you, as well as everyone else, in a week and a half. I will be driving home to Colorado this time, in my new car. I have found a couple of people off of Craigslist who are going to ride with me, and hopefully pitch for some gas money. I can't wait to celebrate this holiday season with everyone...be ready it is going to be great.



1 comment:

Erik Haagenson said...

Let the record show that I was reaching for balf's ass, Kyle's hand just got in the way.