Thursday, February 15, 2007

My heart is with you...



I was going to talk about the latest adventure that I went on, but there is something else that has been on my heart, and that is the distance that separates us. It seems scary that I have only been away for a couple of days, and it is frightening to think that it will be another five or six months until I see my friends and loved ones again, but I am encouraged by the fact that we aren't really that far away at all.
Fellowship is said to be a uniting of hearts and spirits, within God''s presence. I have had the privilege to build amazing relationships , by engaging in fellowship, with so many amazing people. I think that when we are apart from one another, we leave a part of our hearts in that place...in our "fellowship place". It has become clear that our relationships have only been strengthened from the time that we have already spent away from one another. Be it summer break, school, year long internships in Mexico, studying abroad, we have all spent ample amounts of time apart. But, God has been very faithful in our absences from one another, he has blessed both our individual relationships with him, as well as our relationships with each other. It is amazing to see how every time we leave one another for college or summer break we come back to experience an even greater community than what we experienced the time prior.
Leaving is and will continue to be a very difficult thing, but as long as we continue to unite both our hearts and our spirits in his presence, when we are together, then we will always have our "fellowship place". It is a place where we have made countless memories, it is a place that transcends miles or kilometers, and it is place that never fails to put a smile on my face. Thanks for making our "fellowship place" so special.

5 comments:

Brandon said...

Good word Chris. you truly know who your brothers and sisters are when distance or time doesn't separate us. i think about you often.

Dave said...

They say that we remember what we love most about our friends when they are far away. Just as the mountain is clearer to the climber from a distance, so the beauty of friendship is often seen most clearly in the lonely absence.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

in my rush to pack up and get ready to fly down to California, I can't really elaborate on anything, but I can say that I'm loving this blog. I'm so glad that you're using it for the power of good and not evil. To bore me with stories of banal minutia would be an act of pure evil, but it seems that you're starting to tap into something real down there, Chris. Keep the ideas flowing and maybe next time I'll have more to say. Keep having fun. And don't be afraid to tell us what tall objects you've climbed or jumped off of lately. miss you big guy

Dad said...

Mizpah