Friday, February 9, 2007

Sweaty Armpits...

This is my first blog post, and the thought of millions of people having access to my writing and ideas makes me really nervous. I am nervous enough to be sweating out of my armpits, actually my armpits are a little bit damp right now. Many of the people who will be looking at this blog are people whom I already know, and the thought of them reading my writing makes me get the itchy feeling behind my ears. I have to admit that I am really excited to the limitless opportunities that I have being a "blogger."
The reason I titled my "online journal" darkened night skies, is because I have found that I frequently reflect on life during the brief moments immediatelly following sunset. I will be explaining this in more detail within the next couple of days.
As many of you know I am about to embark on a wonderful journey to the Land of Zeal, Peter Jackson, and the Doubtless Sound. I am engaging on this wonderful adventure with my brother, Erik. He too as a place that he is expressing his thoughts and ideas. Originally we were going to have a joint blog, but during the template choosing process we realized that having a shared blog would probably end in disaster...seeing as how we couldn't really even agree on a password. His "online journal" can be found at http://betterthansmokesignals.blogspot.com . We will be linking between posts frequently.
Erik and I will be leaving tomorrow afternoon, and we will be traveling for a good day and a half. Needless to say I probably will not be adding anything for the next couple of days, or at least until we get situated. I hope that everyone who has and will read this is having a fantastic day and I will miss all of you dearly(except for the random people who have read this) . I thank everyone for the integral role that they have played in my being where I am at. In the same way, I know that the experiences that we have during our absence will only strengthen the already amazing community that we have. Goodbye for now.

6 comments:

iestrad said...

I love and miss you Chris. I know Gods gonna bless you down there and teach you lots, so keep ur eyes open like i know you will. BYEBYE

Rachel L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel L. said...

I won't judge your writing. :) No worries here! Enjoy the plane ride...you're a stud.

Unknown said...

I'm excited to be keeping up with how things are going in New Zealand. Miss you already Chris!

Unknown said...

This blog is rad. What a good idea. I wish Joe Murray would keep one of these too. I dig the template. It looks so professional. The link is now bookmarked on my web browser so I'll be checking it often. Have a great time in the Land of Zeal.

Petermeyer YO said...

Chrisy! Good work on the website, its got that dark sexy look to it, like all i can think about his you walkin around NZ with your shirt off...have fun! I need you here!